Friday, March 18, 2011

Week 9

      Ms. Preston was out for the week, and Brandi was off for spring break. I therefore learned much about the running of a library/archive/information center first hand. It was an active and enriching experience.
      I assisted patrons as they came into the library, I fielded reference questions, and also managed to begin work on the creation of a finding aid for the archive. There were two patrons that came into the library looking for information on Wedgwood Jasperware. I helped them access the library online catalog, and assisted them in locating the material they were looking for. They were very impressed with the collection, and explained that they had no idea this library existed. I was happy to help them, and invited them to return in the future.
      For the finding aid, I began to compose the scope and content. When this archive is finished, it will have approximately 20-25 boxes, and contain a number of items related to the founding, history and development of the Birmingham Museum of Art. Most of the items will be arranged alphabetically. However, a few items ( correspondence for example) will be arranged chronologically. It is my hope that this archive is easy to access, and easy to follow for many years to come.   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment